Improve Your Energy!
Does your battery feel like it needs to be recharged? Here are 5 quick and easy ways to boost your energy so that you can feel great day after day!
1. Workout- You should be active at least 30 minutes every day, whether you are going for a walk, working out with your trainer, or going to the gym. You may feel lethargic and reluctant to start exercising, but once you have finished you will feel refreshed and energized.
2. Eat the Right Foods- Ther are many energy robbing foods that you need to avoid when you’re feeling a bit lethargic. These foods include sugar, caffeine, and carbs. You also want to make sure that you are drinking enough water throught the day. Feeling lazy mid-afternoon? A glass of water will actually do you a lot more good than that cup of coffee.
3. Stretch- Tight muscles in the morning sometimes only make you want to go back to sleep. A good way to prevent this stiffness is to stretch before bed and to take a calcium/magnesium supplement if you are anticipating some pain in the morning. If you can’t remember to stretch before bed, place a tera-band on your night stand or write yourself a reminder!
4. Power Nap- Ever heard the old saying, 20 minutes is like 2 hours? Well it’s true. Take a 20 minute nap and you will wake up refreshed. Sleep any longer than 20 minutes and you may wake up groggy.
5. Pump up your Iron- Low energy for active Women can sometimes be a sign of low Iron. This can be especially noticeable around that favorite time of the month. Red meat, spinach, seafood, and dark green vegetables are wonderful ways to maximize your iron absorption.
For more information on how you can improve your energy through Fitness visit nikolklein.com.
Posted on July 31, 2009, in weight loss and tagged ballet strength, energy, feel good, fitness, goal setting, improving energy, nikol klein, nutrition, rest, san diego personal trainer, strength training, weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.