Looking for a healthy snack to satisfy your sweet tooth? I have found a great solution! First of all, you have to try Quest Bars. Quest Bars are high protein, gluten free, lactose free, no sugar added, with only 2-6 grams of active carbs (depending on the bar). Oh, and did I mention that they taste incredible?
I heard from various people that they bake their Quest Bars for added texture and taste so I decided to give it a try! Baking definitely enhances these already tasty bars. I can’t wait to try it with my favorite flavor – Apple Pie – which contains real apples.
Here is my recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies using the Quest Cookie Dough Bar:
• Take one Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar and break it in half for larger cookies, in fours for smaller cookies.
• Roll the pieces into balls, then flatten into cookie shapes.
• Place on a baking sheet. The will stick so olive oil or parchment paper are suggested.
• Bake at 400º for 5-7 minutes.
• If you want a crispier texture, flip the cookies halfway through baking.
• Let cool and enjoy!
In one bar
Fat: 8 g
Active Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 21 g
Wondering where to find Quest Bars? You can pick them up at your local GNC or by visiting their website: http://www.questproteinbar.com.